News and updates about Alis’ books, Alis’ site, and Alis herself.
Well, there’s something to tick off that I’ve had sitting on the todo list for, er, ahem. Years. I have finally compiled a page of my random short fiction. It’s taken me so long to get around to this, mostly because I kept telling myself I was going to To Something with these stories and then… never did. So, failing that, here they are.
Almost everything here counts as backstory to Liesmith, and scratches my Sigyn/Loki OTP itch. In rough chronological order, the stories are:
- “Fairytale”, Sigyn’s meet cute. Sort of. Also a rewrite of the original introduction to what would eventually become Liesmith (and at the time was called CORNER, because titles, what even are they?), and thus technically the Very First Piece of the Wyrd.
- “Vartari”, a.k.a. the aftermath of Loki’s lip-stitching incident.
- “Vow”, in which Sigyn and Loki are obnoxious tourists in the Abbasid Caliphate.
- “Mothers”, because I can’t get enough of Sigyn and Angrboða (and their kids) conspiring against Ásgarðr.
There are also two contemporary stories:
- “Blue Sky Mine”, set before Liesmith, and in which Travis is trying to launch a tablet, has an unplanned visit to the Pilbara, and Lain gets named.
- “Focus Group”, set a little bit after Liesmith, and in which Sigmund learns the secret of LB’s success (and I show I can predict the tech industry).
Of these, “Mothers” and “Blue Sky Mine” are probably my favorites.
Finally, “My friend Vic was a weird kid.” is the non-Wyrdverse story. I went through a phase about a year ago of obsessively reading
r/nosleep, and this story was the result. It was originally posted anonymously to that community, but the copy archived here is the slightly edited and cleaned version as opposed to the “I wrote this on my phone in one sitting then posted it straight away” version.
All-in-all, I think that’s something like 20k+ of free words to keep you amused so… enjoy!